Monday, February 22, 2010

Pirate Ben

I just wanted to take a minute to let you all know about this amazing family. Pirate Ben is a 6 year old little boy who is fighting for his life. I can't even to begin to understand what this family has been going through for the past 15 months but what I do know is how strong and resilient each one of them is. I have know Ben's mom, aunt, and grandparents since before I was born and I have always known they are a special group but they have been through a lot of challenges this past year and their strength and courage has amazed me. When you hear stories like this it makes you step back and realize how unfair life can be sometimes. I think it is good for all of us to take a minute and let ourselves try to feel just a fraction of what they must be feeling. My heart goes out to Lil' Ben and the entire Sarrat and O'brien family. We love you all and are amazed by your story. Read the whole story at pirateben.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment