Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Life Updates

Well as of today May 11th, 2011 I officially work at the Ironman Sports Medicine Institute at Memorial Hermann. This is a relationship we have been working on for more than a year now and I can honestly say I am excited to be a part of this new venture. The athletes we have had the pleasure to work with and will continue to work with are amazing athletes and great people who motivate me everyday. Here is the link to the new website if you want to check it out http://ironman.memorialhermann.org

In fact, in other related news I completed my first sprint triathlon this weekend and did great. I placed 11th in my age group!!! The swim was a struggle which I was expecting but I made it out of the water and did great on the bike and run and had a blast doing it. I have been training with my friend Nikki and we hope to log a few more races throughout the summer and early fall. I plan to stick with sprint distances which are 200-500m swims, 12 mile bikes and 3 mile runs. With a husband, work and very needy puppy at home that's about all I have time to train for, not to mention I can't even fathom swimming 500m much less more than 500m.

In other updates I just finished up my second semester of teaching biomechanics at University of Houston Clear Lake. It continues to be challenging but fun. I have been told by my colleague that all the students are afraid of me which I find hard to believe. I told him I'm not scary at all, I'm very nice but I have very high expectations. The next few weeks will continue to be insane here with the launch of our new brand, training courses and the first Memorial Hermann Ironman Texas on May 21st. But as soon as I make it through all that Tim and I are off to ITALY for 12 days and I can't wait!!!

If I can find some time before we leave I will post about our trip to Vegas in April!!

No comments:

Post a Comment