Thursday, July 1, 2010

Anniversary Trip to Lake Tahoe

Like I mentioned in my last post we planned a trip to Lake Tahoe for our anniversary many months ago. I'm not sure either one of us really thought about what the weather would be like we just figured it was some place we would like to visit and we liked that the scenery was similar to New Zealand. Well turns out it can still snow in Tahoe at the end of May. We stayed in South Tahoe walking distance to Heavenley Gondola at this great green hotel. I highly suggest this place if you're ever headed that direction, we got the room for less than $100/night on Expedia and we were walking distance to everything. http://www.968parkhotel.com/


The first day we layed pretty low, we took a walk down the the beach, explored town and got groceries for our room. Then we headed to happy hour because it was snowing like crazy. We finished off the evening with some dinner and gambling at Harrah's.




The next day it was still pretty cool and a lot of activities hadn't officially opened for the season so we decided to drive around the lake and see what we could find. We found some beautiful scenery.





The next morning Tim somehow convinced me to go on a helicopter ride despite my car sickness the day before on the very scary mountain passes. I survived and actually enjoyed myself then we took the gondola up the mountain and tested out the snow tubing.






This is the road that made me carsick :( No wonder its a road at the top of the mountain between two lakes with no guard rails and sheer cliffs on each side.


Lastly, we squeezed in a day trip on bikes and a few hikes throughout the trip.




All in all a wonderful trip, a great place to visit!!! (Sorry about the flipped pictures I don't have the time or energy to fix them)

1 comment: