Sunday, July 11, 2010

Crafts Weekend

So a few weeks ago I bought this super cute fabric because I wanted to try to make these display plates to put above our kitchen cabinets. I had found this idea awhile back and emailed it to myself but I needed a little extra info and found it here (http://modpodgerocks.blogspot.com/2009/11/guest-blogger-fawnda-from-fireflies.html) (I skipped the monogram part)


Well I thought they turned out super cute and they were really easy so I got motivated to keep going with the extra fabric I had and this is what I came up with.


Here is what I had before I added the letters. I took wooden shapes from Michael's and I glued and stretched the fabric over them and stapled the excess fabric to the back to ensure clean lines. Next we bought a piece of pine at home depot and using wood screws I screwed the fabric covered pieces to the wood from the back. Lastly I spray painted the letters and then glued them with tacky glue.

I'm planning to put this above the cabinets adjacent to the plates but need to wait for them to dry first. I'm also hoping to make a table centerpiece and runner using the same fabric to tie it all together.

This was such a fun project and I think it turned out great. Now for cleaning which I have neglected for this :(

No comments:

Post a Comment