Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Blog Fail

Well it's my first week of blogging and I'm already failing. Our life is exciting, at least I think it is, but nothing really seems blog worthy at the moment. Here is what we are up to unfortunatley no pictures but I promise to deliver on those when we get back from New York City next week.

Tim is working hard while I try to keep little Taupo entertained. Mondays are always the worst since he get's spoiled on the weekends and then has to be in the kennel all day. He is making progress with the potty training, no major accidents and he seems to be FINALLY sleeping through the night. I know I'm not ready for babies when two weeks of puppy training exhausts me but at least you get time off work with babies.

I am getting a little nervous about my upcoming new adventure.....Teaching. A week from Friday I will get some practice presenting at the marathon expo and then at the end of January I officially become a biomechanics professor at The University of Houston, Clear Lake. I am excited for the new adventure and working on all my materials but I'm a little nervous especially since I will probably be younger than many of my students. I just hope I can make them all love Biomechanics like I do, Kristy (college professor) was the one who got me into this field and maybe I can do that for someone else.

Other than that I'm just looking forward to Thursday when we leave for New York. I wouldn't be myself if I wasn't already packed and ready to go;actually I was packed and ready to go Sunday afternoon so I might use tomorrow night to repack and make sure I didn't forget anything. Greg and Laurel have offered to take Taupo because he is sooooo cute. We did warn them that he isn't always cute when he is being a little pill but they are up for the challenge so we will see how much they still like him and us when we return.

So with that I'm off to NYC, I will report back all the wonderful, chilly details when we return.


No comments:

Post a Comment