Monday, January 18, 2010

NEW YORK CITY...........FINALLY

I know, I know I am not doing well on my promise to blog often and share the details of this trip. In my defense last week was my biggest week of the year at work and I had to work all weekend. Anyways enough excuses, let's move on.

Disclaimers:
1. This will be long (I'm going to try to make a long story short but Tim claims that I make long stories longer)
2. You will be overloaded with pictures!!!

So we planned to leave for New York City first thing Thursday morning but I guess mother nature had other plans. My parents arrived there Wednesday night and my sister was on her way on another airline. At 4:30am I checked my phone and it says our flight is cancelled due to weather in Chicago. I call southwest to figure out our options and there is a 3 hour wait to talk to someone, next I check online and all flights through other cities are full, this is when I PANIC and get emotional. I call my parents in NY (it is now 4am there) and I am very upset because as far as I can tell we aren't going to make it. I started planning this trip in August and I've been packed with outfits coordinated for 5 days now not to mention we have tickets to Wicked on Broadway and a pre-paid hotel. After lots of me crying and Tim laughing at how ridiculous I am we decide to go to the airport and see what they can do for us...... BUT before we leave Tim tells me I need to pack my two large bags into one carryon because we will be in a "stand by situation". I will downplay my reaction and just say I PANICKED AGAIN but eventually we both made it out the door with all of our limbs intact.

After being shuffled around the airport with false promises we are finally booked on a flight from Houston to Jacksonville to Baltimore to Long Island. We then had to take a train from Long Island to Penn Station, surprisingly we only arrived about 3 hours later then our scheduled time and we were able to enjoy our time in New York.

We saw.......

Rockefeller Center and the Tree: It was lit but as we walked down to take a picture they shut off all the lights and began taking it down :(


St. Pat's Cathedral (so beautiful)


Trump Tower & Tiffany's (I found a very simple necklace I thought would be a good bday present for myself but after being informed of the price they directed me to the upper levels that have silver rather than white gold and platinum)


Carnegie Deli (Aly and Marc's sandwich looked almost impossible to eat but they managed)


Wall Street



Battery Park and the Statue of Liberty


Chelsea Market (We pigged out on some yummy and fresh seafood soups, oysters and fresh bread; before we left town we even made time to make a quick stop and get lobster rolls togo)


Wicked
The extended Yarnall Family at dinner before the show. We ate at the greatest restaurant in Chelsea and got to enjoy the company of all the Gebert girls!!

The small Yarnall Family after the show


Times Square


Central Park/Tavern on the Green



Empire State Building and the views from the top




Lombardi's (first pizza place in the USA and sooo good)


Washington Square Park (Marc is taking this picture and Mommy is blocking Susan)


Staten Island Ferry (before and after sundown)






Our final night in the city we went to this cute restaurant right under the Brooklyn Bridge and just sat and ate and drank for hours with Kate and Sue Gebert. The boys watched the Cowboys game and we all had a blast. Then we went back to Kate's place and enjoyed some cupcakes from Magnolia's. Once again it was a great trip to the city and we have the Gebert's to thank for that, we love you guys and can't wait to come back.


Best Friends Forever, LOVE this picture they are so cute :)

Daddy and his girls

Mommy having too much fun

The girls (Elizabeth we missed you)

No comments:

Post a Comment